The seed that has grown into what we know as Siloam United Methodist Church, was planted in late 1840’s just a half mile down the road at Chester-Bethel. There arose at that time a dispute over the use of printed choir music. The older Methodists saw this intrusion as a return to the practices of the Church of England from which the Methodist church had split. The dispute ultimately caused a deep split in the church which caused a part of the congregation to withdraw and form what has become Siloam. Our building was built in 1852 and is the only church in Bethel Township.